Alvis TA 14 special, 1950
Hide slides
Mise à jour: 16-September-2019 11:10

Alvis TA 14 special, 1950

Bruit moteur
Son conduit
Information
Model information
Make history

Alvis TA14 spécial, année 1950. Couleur rouge foncé avec roues à rayons intérieurs et noir en cuir noir. Ce fantastique Alvis 'Fourteen Special' a été construit il ya plusieurs décennies par M. Alvis 'des Pays-Bas. En 2013, l'automobile a été démonté dans la fonction classique Altena ateliers pour certaines améliorations à effectuer. La carrosserie autour de la saborder a été donné une meilleure nouvelle forme adaptés aux écrans de course de Brooklands et le corps a été peint en satin rouge bordeaux. L'automobile est en excellent état et la voiture est un pur plaisir à conduire!

ARCHIVES | VENDU

Alvis was founded by Thomas George John and G.P. de Freville. The first cars built under the Alvis name were manufactured in 1920, and the last Alvis (sports) cars came out of the factory in Coventry 47 years later. The ending of the brand name Alvis was sealed when it was incorporated into the British Leyland concern, where it became part of Rover.

The Alvis cars were of great quality and workmanship and were very fast as well. As for their cars, many parts were designed and manufactured by Alvis’ own staff, and production was small-scaled and exclusive.

In the 1920s, Alvis was the first British car model to experiment with four-wheel drive. In fact, in 1925, they even manufactured sports and racing cars equipped with front-wheel drive, which had also been fitted with an overhead camshaft.

After world war 2 a slightly modified version of the Alvis 12/70 was reintroduced and it was named the 'Fourteen'. Alvis produced 3213 TA 14 chassis of which  487 are known to survive.

Technical data*

Four cylinder in-line engine
cylinder capacity: 1892 cc.
carburettors: 1 x SU
capacity: 65 bhp at 4000 rpm.
top-speed: 74 mph. - 118,5 km/h.
gearbox: 4-speed, manual
weight: 17,5 cwt - 889 kg. (chassis) /  28 cwt -1422 kg. (saloon)

*Bron: The Story of the Red Triangle

Alvis history

Alvis was founded by Thomas George John and G.P. de Freville. The first cars built under the Alvis name were manufactured in 1920, and the last Alvis (sports) cars came out of the factory in Coventry 47 years later. The ending of the brand name Alvis was sealed when it was incorporated into the British Leyland concern, where it became part of Rover.

The Alvis cars were of great quality and workmanship and were very fast as well. As for their cars, many parts were designed and manufactured by Alvis’ own staff, and production was small-scaled and exclusive. In the 1920s, Alvis was the first British car model to experiment with four-wheel drive. In fact, in 1925, they even manufactured sports and racing cars equipped with front-wheel drive, which had also been fitted with an overhead camshaft.

© Marc Vorgers

 

Altena Classic Service
Contact
Adresse
Par la route
Téléphone: +31 (0)524 561 122
De Vaart 23
7784 DK Gramsbergen
Pays-Bas